1. Of all the bands/artists in your CD/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
Robyn Hitchcock If you include duplicates (only 2) and vinyl copies (15 are dupes with cds), 49
2. What was the last song you listened to?
Make Out Kids - Motion City Sountrack
3. What's in your CD player right now?
Related to the previous question
Commit This to Memory - Motion City Soundtrack
4. What song would you say sums you up?
Furry Green Atom Bowl - Robyn Hitchcock
Kidney Bingoes - Wire.
Actually I don't think any song "sums me up".
5. What's your favorite local band/group?
Local to me? Or does this mean no album? Small time? Thing is, I don't pay all that much attention to where most bands are from.
Fable Factory which is fairly small time and some members are from the NY area.
Fountains of Wayne if we're talking about geography. They Might Be Giants are also local-ish.
6. What was the last show you attended?
Some Band that sucked
Against Me! (which we left before. The "!" is part of the band name.)
I don't think I've seen any since this one. That was a few months ago, I think.
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
Sonic Youth at the New Ritz right after the album Goo came out. There were other bands there too, and some were good, but Sonic Youth Rocked.
Soul Coughing opening for They Might be Giants before I'd heard of Soul Coughing. In Ohio.
Boris the Sprinkler, The Riverdales, some band and The Mr. T Experience. Maxwells in Hoboken.
The Henchmen, Gore Gore Girls, The Paybacks and Shonen Knife. This was the show where emmalyon got groped by the Gore Gore Girls. We missed The Newborn Naturals which would have made 5 bands for $15. You can see me blather about it Here
The Phenomenauts, The Epoxies, The Aquabats. Tons of silly fun.
8. What's the shittiest show you've ever been to?
Either the Luna show I left 'cause I was sick and that pissed off hagbardc 'cause they didn't acknowledge the audience or likely some college shows with only college bands who's names I no longer remember. If it weren't for Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies being so good, the opening bands at their show would make this a lock. I mean please, a fauxhawk? Grow one, don't glue it on. And find someone, anyone with some musical talent!
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
All of them! Those bastards!
I don't know that there are any. I'm sure if there are, my lj friends will jump in to remind me of them.
10. What's the most musically involved you have ever been?
Probably in college, though I listen to a wider range now and try more unknown music. In college I was the program director for a radio station we started and I hung out with a band I met through the music threory class I was taking and helped them practice/set up for shows. I also named them a really lame name, but it was all they could agree on, so they used it.
11. What show are you looking forward to?
There aren't any I know of coming up, but I am looking forward to going to another show soon. I'm sure I'll find one.
12. What is your favorite band t-shirt?
Probably my Robyn Hitchcock Upside-down duck shirt. Maybe My Shonen Knife or Phenomenauts shirt.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Lori Anderson? Tori Amos? Robyn Hitchcock? Jello Biafra? I really don't know. I mean David Lee Roth would likely be funny.
14. What was your coolest "rock star" moment?
Buying T-Shirts from John Hall backstage after the show, if that qualifies. I'm interpreting this as meeting rock stars, not acting like one. That or hanging out with Barenaked Ladies in the alley behind the club after the show.
15. Do you like rap concerts?
Never been, but likely not.
16. Who is one musician or group who you wish would make a comeback?
Comebacks are usually very dissapointing. Most that I'd like to see still performing are dead. There are many bands I wish would retire though! The Rolling Stones for one.
17. Who is one band/artist you've never seen live but always wanted to:
Talking Heads. Too late now.
18. Name 5 of your favorite songs of all time:
Sing Sing Sing - Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall Jazz concert
House of Blue Light - Ella Mae Morse
Saturday Night Fish Fry - Louis Jordan
That's When the Old Grey Cloud Burst - Lambert, Hendricks and Ross
Route 66 - Nat King Cole
19. Name 5 flawless albums:
HA! No such thing. These come close:
Fegmania - Robyn Hitchcock
Big Science - Lori Anderson
Goo - Sonic Youth
Guerro - Beck
1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert - Benny Goodman
20. What was the greatest decade for music?
21. How many music related videos/DVDs do you own?
40, not including musicals and movies about music. Including those, 54.
22. How many concerts/shows have you been to, total?
No Idea. Probably over 100. How much over 100, no idea.
23. Who have you seen the most live?
They Might Be Giants. I've seen them at least 20 times, but they're local.
24. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
Condo Painting is great. Something Wild is quite good. Again, not counting old musicals. I'm sure there's others, can't think of them.
25. What was your last musical "phase" before you wised up?
Phase? I never stop listening to what I listened to before. I just add on, so...
26. What music is your "guilty pleasure" music that you don't often admit to liking?
I admit to it all! I explain that it is crap, but great crap!
27. What album have you purchased the most copies of in your lifetime?
I think I have 5 or 6 copies of Rhythm of Youth by Men Without Hats, but the Canadian Release is different.
28. Who is your favorite musician?
Lori Anderson, Robyn Hitchcock, Gibby Haynes, Jello Biafra, Yasha Heifitz, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Jordan, Glenn Miller, Nat King Cole, Anne Magneson, Bjork, Beck, Paul McCartney and how the list goes on.