Don't laugh, Democrats AND Republicans are starting to talk seriously about it thanks to the president admitting he authorized spying on American Citizens in direct violation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) of 1978 and of a supreme court ruling on a similar topic
In addition, "Rep. John Conyers has quietly introduced a resolution calling for the creation of a House select committee to determine whether Bush should be impeached for encouraging the torture of detainees, misusing and misrepresenting intelligence about Iraq, misleading Americans about the reasons for war there and retaliating against critics, like former ambassador Joseph Wilson, who called his actions into question"
The article lists 7 crimes that may become impeachment articles, not including the 8th of spying on American citizens.
Further, the report says, there is a prima facie case that the administration's actions "violated a number of federal laws, including
(1) Committing a Fraud against the United States
(2) Making False Statements to Congress
(3) The War Powers Resolution
(4) Misuse of Government Funds
(5) federal laws and international treaties prohibiting torture and cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment
(6) federal laws concerning retaliating against witnesses and other individuals
(7) federal laws and regulations concerning leaking and other misuse of intelligence.
and (8) Spying on American Citizens in direct violation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) of 1978
If Democrats can re-take congress next year...